|B.I.R.D. Ministries||Providing women who have been in prison with the spiritual, emotional and practical support needed to rebuild their lives and overcome the cycle of drugs, poverty and violence that has devastated their lives and families. Complete pre and post release services to women who have been in prison. Conduct pre-release educational classes and support services at Lancaster County Prison. Offers one on one guidance and support during reentry through a network of referrals from social service agencies to faith-based ministries and churches. Referrals include transportation, housing, employment assistance, drug and alcohol and mental health counseling and continuing education.||Lancaster||Beginning In the Right Direction (B.I.R.D.) Ministries||Beginning In the Right Direction (B.I.R.D.) Ministries|
|County Corrections Gospel Mission||CCGM sponsors various ministries to work with adults and children to include:
- Prison Ministry
- Youth Leadership Programs
- Mom's Clubs
- Kid's Clubs||Chester||COUNTY CORRECTIONS GOSPEL MISSION - Chester; Coatesville||County Corrections Gospel Mission|
|Franklin County Jail Ministry||Jail Ministry provides
* Pastoral care to inmates, families, and jail staff through the Chaplain. Approximately 1,000 individual pastoral sessions a year.
* Oversight of daily volunteer Bible studies
* Weekly worship services provided by chaplain and volunteers for all faiths
* Christmas time gift program for children of inmates
* Christmas Party for inmates with cookies provided by churches
* Coordination of individual correspondence Bible studies
* Mission interpretation visits to local churches
* An avenue for inmates who want to change and are willing to connect to a congregation
* Training and guidance to those who wish to visit in the jail as a Christian witness.||Franklin||Franklin County Jail Ministry||Franklin County Jail Ministry|
|In His Eyes Outreach - Mentoring Program||Mentoring women and men in the Montgomery County Correctional Facility to help prepare them for a successful transition back home.||Montgomery||In His Eyes Outreach - Montgomery; Norristown||In His Eyes Outreach|
|In His Eyes Outreach - Women in Transition||In His Eyes Outreach provides services and resources to help women successfully transition from prison, rehabilitation or shelter back to the community.
Services that we offer are:
- Lifeskills training
- Housing Assistance
- Career training
- Court Advocacy
- Recovery support groups
- Schedule appointments with social services agencies
- Obtain medical assistance and Identification documents
- Education planning
- And More...||Montgomery||In His Eyes Outreach - Montgomery; Norristown||In His Eyes Outreach|
|In His Eyes Outreach - Youth Program||The D.A.K.M.A.K. Program works with children who have one or both parents incarcerated. We provide workshops, recreation and mentors. Its a 2 hour session that meets bimonthly at the Greater Norristown PAL Center||Montgomery||In His Eyes Outreach - Montgomery; Norristown||In His Eyes Outreach|
|Jail Visitation Programs||Prison ministry||Dauphin||Saint Margaret Mary Alacoque||Saint Margaret Mary Alacoque |
|New Day Inc. Jail Ministry||Ministry to inmates of the Somerset County Jail.||Cambria||New Day Inc. Jail Ministry||New Day|
|Prison Ministries||Prison Ministry - Participates in the monthly breakfast with the Prison action committee of CCU.
Also works with Prison Fellowship to train volunteers for prison ministry and mentoring.||Dauphin||Lighthouse Outreach Center of Harrisburg||Lighthouse Outreach Center of Harrisburg|
|Prison Ministry||Go into the local prisons to minister to the inmates||Dauphin||New Life Church||New Life Church|
|Re-entry breakfasts||CCU coordinates with Churches in the community to welcome pre-release inmates on a Saturday morning once per month to eat breakfast and hear a message of hope.
||Dauphin||HELP Ministries||Christian Churches United|
|REST Ministries - Prison Ministry||REST Ministries helps the Captive through a Prison Ministry for the Incarcerated and Aftercare Programs for Ex-Offenders. Most people incarcerated within prison walls come from abusive and/or addictive family backgrounds. They have learned to block their pain by becoming abusive and/or addicted themselves. In prison they are forced to see the reality and consequences of their choices, often leaving them broken. Desperate for hope, they are finally open to the gospel.
REST ministers to the incarcerated in local county prisons through:
- Bible studies
- support groups
- spending time one-on-one with inmates
REST ministers to ex-offenders with aftercare programs including: mentoring discipleship opportunities . All of this is done to encourage them in their walk with the Lord.
We also provide the following services:
- Cards of Encouragement
- Cards of encouragement are sent weekly to each inmate that attends a REST Bible study or support group. For some, this is the only mail they receive.
- A Pen Pal Program. A Pen Pal Program has been established by REST Ministries to link mature Christians with inmates in state prisons who want a Christian to write to them. It has blessed both the inmates and mature Christians as each learns from the other and their relationship grows. Click here if you would like information about becoming a pen pal to an inmate.||Chester||*Main Site (REST Ministries)||REST Ministries|
|Willow Grove Seventh Day Adventist Church - Prison Ministry - Montgomery; Willow Grove||Prison ministry team visits those who are incarcerated on Friday evenings of each week.||Montgomery||Willow Grove Seventh Day Adventist Church - Montgomery; Willow Grove||Willow Grove Seventh Day Adventist Church|