YWCA Lancaster - Empowerment Center (Prevention Education and Support Groups)
Send the URL of this service profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
United Way of Lancaster County
Description of Service
Provides services to youth and the community for the prevention of sexual violence, teen pregnancy, school drop out, gender bias and racism.
Sexual violence prevention programs include:
- Personal Safety: An elementary program that defines age-appropriate boundaries, discusses different types of touches, empowers children and identifies adults allies.
- Healthy Relationships: A middle, high school and adult program that defines harassing behaviors, differentiates flirting from sexual harassment, and teaches healthy relationships.
- Relationships and Dating Violence: A high school to adult level program that defines warning signs of dating violence, introduces dynamics of power and control and identifies the qualities of healthy relationships.
- The Red Zone: A high school to adult program that defines warning signs of dating violence, introduces dynamics of power and control and identifies the qualities of healthy relationships.
- Sexual Assault 101: A high school to adult level program that defines rape and clarifies consent, examines cultural rape myths, and introduces bystander prevention skills/men as allies.
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace: A high school to adult level program that defines sexual harassment in the workplace, teaches proven techniques to respond appropriately and defines your rights and legal requirements.
- Mandated Reporter Training (Act 126) available for school districts, personnel or other organizations that come into contact with children.
Support groups include:
- Girl Power: Weekly program for pre and adolescent girls aimed to ease the transition between the last year of elementary school and middle school; also focuses on truancy, drug and alcohol prevention, and healthy self-esteem.
- TechGYRLS After School Group: STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) program for girls ages 9 to 14 years
Summer camps include:
- TechGYRLS: An elementary and middle school age summer camp for girls geared toward encouraging girls to be excited about science, technology, engineering, math, and the trades. Girls participate in programs that focus on team building, self awareness/self esteem, workplace skills and business etiquette.
School age girls
Fees or Charges
Types of Fees
Organizational fee $50 per hour; Some scholarships are available