|Description of Service||The Jobs for Veterans Act established Veterans access to services within an integrated one-stop service delivery system. The law established a priority of service requirement applicable to all Department of Labor programs offering employment and training related services for veterans.
The Key to Career Success campaign is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor through the Career One-Stop Pathways to Career Success Web site: www.careeronestop.org/MilitaryTransition. The Key to Career Success campaign connects veterans and transitioning service members with high quality career planning, training, and job search resources available at local One-Stop Career Centers. Employment and training services are provided to veterans through a nationwide network of approximately 3,000 One-Stop Career Centers.
To access information on One-Stop Career Center locations in your state or throughout the nation, please visit America’s Service Locator Web site at www.servicelocator.org or call the following Toll Free Number: 1-877-US-2JOBS or 1-877-872-5627.
At the One Stop Career website veterans will find tools to:
Veterans' Employment and Training Service (VETS) serves America's veterans and separating service members by preparing them for meaningful careers, providing employment resources and expertise, and protecting their employment rights.
- Match Military Experience to Civilian Occupations, a useful portal that matches by MOC code, key word search or menu search;
- Get Credentials, Certifications, and Licenses, a portal that helps veteran job-seekers with credentials that document and verify your workplace skills, knowledge, and experience and translate military skills and experience into credentials to obtain civilian skills;
- The Write a Resume Portal will help a veteran job-seeker format a resume;
- The Disabled/Injured Veterans Resources provides resources for veterans who are wounded or disabled;
- Find Local Services will help a veteran job-seeker locate additional services available to veterans.
|Geographical Area||United States. (Includes all PA counties: Adams, Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Bedford, Berks, Blair, Bradford, Bucks, Butler, Cambria, Cameron, Carbon, Centre, Chester, Clarion, Clearfield, Clinton, Columbia, Crawford, Cumberland, Dauphin, Delaware, Elk, Erie, Fayette, Forest, Franklin, Fulton, Greene, Huntingdon, Indiana, Jefferson, Juniata, Lackawanna, Lancaster, Lawrence, Lebanon, Lehigh, Luzerne, Lycoming, McKean, Mercer, Mifflin, Monroe, Montgomery, Montour, Northampton, Northumberland, Perry, Philadelphia, Pike, Potter, Schuylkill, Snyder, Somerset, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Tioga, Union, Venango, Warren, Washington, Wayne, Westmoreland, Wyoming, York)|