Send the URL of this service profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
United Way of Lancaster County
Description of Service
- Educational programs, seminars, and materials on kidney disease for patients, caregivers, and health professionals
- Patient and Family Partner Program: Trains and certifies volunteers who have experienced kidney failure themselves, or who have been part of the support team for a loved one with kidney failure, to serve as mentors and provide support to patients and caregivers
- Fundraising for patient-focused programs and health screenings
- Limited financial assistance to dialysis patients in need
- Discounted medical ID jewelry for kidney patients
- Promotion of organ donor awareness programs, especially living organ donor awareness
- Renal Resource Center: Provides literature on kidney disease and prevention to interested persons
- Navigation services available for those impacted by kidney disease
- Speakers available
- Helps provide financing for Camp Kydnie, a special overnight camp designed especially for children ages 6 to 18 with kidney disease and their siblings and friends
- Participates in dialysis patient transportation reimbursement program through the PA Department of Health.