Send the URL of this service profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley
Description of Service
Area Agencies on Aging provide local services, act as advocates, and generally assist older citizens to remain active in their communities. They operate under guidance from the Pennsylvania Department of Aging.
- Senior Centers and other activities
- Legal Assistance
- Benefit Counseling/Assistance with applications
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Ombudsman Services
- Pre-admission Assessment
- Provides Caregiver Support Program
- Provides daily hands-on care
- Protective Services for older adults to investigate reports of abuse, neglect, exploitation or abandonment and services to reduce risk for incapacitated persons.
- Senior Farmer's Market Program distributes free vouchers for residents age 60 or older that meet income guidelines
Core services offered after a clinical evaluation:
- In-home services
- In-home meals
- Care/Case management
- Consumer reimbursement
- Adult Day Care
- Personal Emergency Response System
- Personal Care services
Information and referral service provides information on the availability of services and programs for older adults. Services may be delivered directly, purchased from a community agency, or available through a cooperative agreement.