Send the URL of this service profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
United Way of Lancaster County
Description of Service
- Learning Circles--Courses for prospective or early-stage entrepreneurs which teach the basics of starting a business and producing a business plan.
- Lending Circles--Microloan program which provides loans and technical assistance to groups of 10-15 entrepreneurs in each circle, who collectively guarantee the loans, mitigating the risk of lending to borrowers with limited collateral and credit history.
- Women's Business Center - In September 2015, we received an SBA grant to start a Women's Business Center. This center will expand on our current training programs as well as providing specific workshops, seminars and consulting for women-owned businesses.
- Women's Leadership Circles--An innovative program designed for women leaders to cultivate transformational leadership to impact life, business, community -- especially our lowest income communities.
- Social Enterprise Accelerator/Pitch Competition--highly regarded program for prospective social enterprises which provides business plan workshops, individual Technical Assistance, crowdfunding and mentorship.
- Measure What Matters - Program for established businesses to start to measure their social and environmental performance with the same rigor that they measure the financial bottom line.
Telephone, orientation and application
Fees or Charges
Types of Fees
Fees vary depending on the program – most program fees are under $100 and scholarships are available for all programs