Big Brothers Big Sisters of Berks County - One-to-One Program
Send the URL of this service profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
United Way of Berks County
Description of Service
A group mentoring program which provides immediate mentoring services to youth upon acceptance to the agency, while the Little awaits a One-To-One match.
Call the office for a 10-15 minute phone orientation. All must complete a written application and attend training. Volunteers have criminal background check and CHILDLINE check conducted prior to acceptance.
Youth (Little Brothers/Sisters)-
* must be between the ages of 8 to 15 years old to initiate application* Berks County resident
* single-parent household (exceptions possible)
* willing to complete application process
* willing to attend Empowerment Training
* have desire to be matched with a Big Brother or Big Sister and to sustain that mentoring match relationship for at least one year
* capable of deriving some benefit from services of the One-To-One mentoring program.
Volunteers (Big Bothers/Sisters)
* must be at least 19 years of age (or 18 and attending college in Berks County)
* resident of Berks County or attending school in Berks County
* gainfully employed, self-sufficient or a full time college student
* have access to a car, possess a valid drivers license, a good driving history and proof of insurance
* willing to complete the BBBS application and training process
* willing to make a one-year commitment to the agency and actively participate in one of our mentoring programs
* willing to attend any support/training workshops or meetings required by our agency
* willing to cooperate in the supervision/monitoring process of a mentoring match relationship
Fees or Charges
Types of Fees
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm Other hours available by appointment