Greater Erie Community Action Committee - Central Office - Utility Assistance
Greater Erie Community Action Committee - Central Office
Send the URL of this service profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
PA 2-1-1 NW - PA 211 Northwest
Description of Service
The Utility Assistance Programs provide case management & helps individuals obtain assistance who have become payment-troubled in their energy and/or heating accounts due to emergency situations. Programs under this category include Dollar Energy Fund (maximum grant of $500) and NFG Neighbor-for-Neighbor (max grant of $400).
The Dollar Energy Fund is a once a year lump sum grant from an emergency hardship fund designed to help GPU residential customers who have become payment troubled due to an emergency situation (i.e. loss of employment, illness, divorce) and need temporary help in paying their electric bill. Program funding is provided by Penelec customers, company employees, and First Energy shareholders. Grant is applied directly to payment due, it will not make future payments. Accepts applicants from October 1st through February 28th or 29th from customers whose service is terminated. Open to all customers March 1st through September 30th as funds are available.
The Neighbor For Neighbor Heat Fund, a first-come, first-served home-heating assistance grant program, provides assistance to low-income individuals to help pay for energy-related expenses. Eligible individuals can receive a maximum $500 per calendar year ($200 maximum for non-National Fuel customers) to pay overdue heat bills, to purchase fuel, or to repair heating equipment. Recipients need not be customers of National Fuel, but must reside within the Company’s service territory.
Complete intake application. Call for more information or Walk in.
Complete intake application and provided required documentation.
Interpretive services available.
* Balance of at least $100 (seniors over 62 may apply with a $0-100 balance)
* Single residential home or apartment
* Name on the account must be a resident of the household over the age of 18
* Applicants must have paid at least $150 of balance due within the last 90 days
* Household income at or below 200% poverty
* Rate payer is 55 years of age or older
* Receiving disability income or medical emergency
* NFG, oil, or propane delinquent payments (if address is within NFG service area)
* Must have good payment history
Hours of Operation
Monday through Thrusday, 9:00am to 11:00am & 1:00pm to 3:00pm