Financial circumstances temporarily resulting in insufficient funds to pay for shelter and necessities of living for the Veteran and family, when:
• A Veteran is temporarily unable to provide the necessities of living and has a direct and immediate need for assistance.
• Caused by temporary loss of income, assets or support due to sickness, disability, unemployment, natural or manmade disaster or other cause beyond the control of, and not as a result of, misconduct by the applicant
•Caused by a temporary increase in costs or expenses beyond the control of, and not as a result of misconduct by, the applicant resulting in insufficient funds to pay for necessities of living.
• Eligible Veterans or unmarried surviving spouses of deceased eligible Veterans.
• Residents of Pennsylvania who permanently reside in this Commonwealth and who maintain a legal residence in no other state for any purpose.
• Not receiving sufficient monetary assistance from any state or federal agency based on the need for temporary assistance described in the application.
• Applicants may be receiving food stamps and still qualify for temporary assistance under these guidelines.
• Applicants must show that other funds or resources are not available to address the need for temporary assistance.
• Demonstrates a direct and immediate need for temporary assistance in order to provide themselves and their families with shelter and the necessities of living.
Honorably discharged veterans
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm
Unable to plot address.
Veterans Crisis Line: 800-273-8255 (Press 1) or text Get Help NOW to 838255