Southwest Community Enrichment Center - Community Organizing Group
Southwest Community Enrichment Center - Philadelphia; Southwest Philadelphia
Send the URL of this service profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
2-1-1 SEPA - 2-1-1 SEPA
Description of Service
. The goals of Community Organizing are to develop the leadership skills and potential of local residents; and to develop actions in response to the concerns of local residents. Monthly meetings are held to dispense information, facilitate group discussions, and invite speakers to educate the community on issues relevant to the community.
- Open to adults and seniors in the Kingsessing area
- Adult computer training classes upon request
- Coordinate community meetings to discuss issues of concern such as crime, safety, abandoned housing, neighborhood revitalization, and beautification
- Leadership development opportunities
- Guest speakers on subjects such as job opportunities and training, pollution and its impact on local residents
- Coordinate annual holiday toy-give-away and block clean-ups
Counties: Philadelphia; States: PA; Countries: USA
For information about these Senior Programs go to our website or call (215) 386-8250 or (215) 386-4157