African Cultural Alliance of North America - Refugee/Asylee Program
African Cultural Alliance of North America, Inc. (ACANA) -Philadelphia; Kingsessing
Send the URL of this service profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
2-1-1 SEPA - 2-1-1 SEPA
Description of Service
Through its outreach services, case management, information & referral and life skills workshops, this program provides assistance to African immigrants.
The Objectives :
- Provides case management and referral services and help new Americans, especially, African refugees and asylees access services and programs they are eligible for in greater numbers.
- Provide culturally appropriate orientation on adjusting to the American way of life to newly arrived African/Caribbean refugees/asylees.
- Eliminating impediments through education and resource mobilization.
- Assisting refugees and asylees to gain self sufficiency by helping them to access training, language skills, re certification, etc.
- Assisting African older refugees and asylees access needed services.
- Provides after school programs to refugee and asylee youth through ACANA’s cultural training and after school and youth development program.