Send the URL of this service profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
2-1-1 SEPA - 2-1-1 SEPA
Description of Service
Become a volunteer in one of the Oxford schools.
Volunteering confers three benefits:
1. It can make a real difference in the lives of one or more Oxford students;
2. It can help teachers and administrators be more effective in what they do; and
3. It can provide you with an immensely rewarding personal experience.
Join the growing number of Oxford area citizens who are helping to "make a difference" in our schools.
Here are some of the things you can do as an OEF volunteer in the Oxford public schools:
- Classroom Aide: help one classroom teacher on a regular basis in dealing with an entire class or small group.
- Tutor: work on a regular basis with one or two children who are having problems with reading, writing, mathematics, or some other subject.
- Mentor: meet on a regular basis with one student who seems to be in need of adult support and advice.
- Coach: work with team coaches and gym teachers.
- Counselor: assist students with advice about careers and colleges, and with preparation of loan and scholarship applications.
- Clerical: use word processing, filing, and copying skills to assist in one of the school offices.
- Lecturer: lead a class discussion relating to a topic with which you have had extensive training and/or experience.
- Chaperone: act as a group leader for a trip or other activity which takes place off school property.
- Extracurricular Aide: help designated faculty advisor with art, music, theater, publication, or other extracurricular activity.
- Other: any suggestion you might wish to make about other areas of school activity in which you could be helpful. Please make a notation on the application.
Counties: Chester; States: PA; Countries: USA
You can fill in and submit the on-line application, or call our Volunteer Coordinator at 610-932-7200. Visit the weblink to download and complete a volunteer application at