Victim Services Center of Montgomery County (VSC) - Advocacy
Victim Services Center of Montgomery County - Montgomery; Norristown
Send the URL of this service profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
2-1-1 SEPA - 2-1-1 SEPA
Description of Service
Advocacy at VSC are available to act as a liaison within the criminal justice system and to provide support, encouragement, information and assistance to victims of crime and their significant others. VSC has a strict policy of confidentiality. State law requires us to protect information shared by sexual assault survivors.
- Inform victim/survivor's of their rights (Victim Bill of Rights - Act 111 of 1998)
- Crisis Intervention
- In-person advocacy and support during Criminal Justice Proceedings
- Hospital, court and police accompaniments
- Assistance with Victim Impact Statements
- Assistance with filing for Victims Compensation Assistance
- Assistance with Crime Victim Notification Program
- Information and referrals to appropriate community resources
The VSC advocate is committed to ensuring that:
- The victim/survivor is treated with dignity, compassion and respect during the course of the criminal proceeding;
- The victim/survivor has full knowledge of their rights as a victim of crime in Pennsylvania;
- The victim/survivor is fully informed during each step of the process; and
- The victim/survivors permission is sought prior to any action taken.
Urgent Services Provided
Immediate crisis intervention via two 24-hour hotlines,
in-person accompaniment to hospitals for medical care as a result of rape, in-person accompaniment to police interviews and court hearings, supportive services for the victims’ families and friends, information and referrals
Septa Transportation Center is located two blocks from office.
Handicap access is available.
Call hotline for information.
brochure located at following link http://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/cd75c3_c795ed95ba7b5f731a94d9d3df33dc5a.pdf
Male, Female, Children, Adults
VSC serves all residents of Montgomery County regardless of age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and gender or income level.
Fees or Charges
Types of Fees
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Evening appointments available