Montgomery County Emergency Services - Mobile Crisis Intervention Service
Montgomery County Emergency Service - Montgomery; Norristown
Send the URL of this service profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
2-1-1 SEPA - 2-1-1 SEPA
Description of Service
Our Mobile Crisis Intervention Service (MCIS) provides community based services to all who are at risk of hospitalization.
The service is designed to assist in the resolution of behavioral health crises in the community, prevent hospitalization and promote stability and to educate the community on mental health issues. The Mobile Crisis team also provides follow-up case management services to clients on an as needed basis.
Visit http://www.mces.org/pages/crisisint_mobile.htm to download the Mobile Crisis Intervention Service brochure.
Our work includes:
- Community Outreach: We conduct outreaches to individuals who are experiencing a crisis. Staff has a caseload of clients they follow and assist in the community with medication, treatment and finances.
- Crisis Intervention/Conflict Resolution: We assist clients in resolving crisis and conflict to promote community stabilization.
- Assessment: During an outreach, clients are assessed for the appropriate level of care as indicated by the severity of the crisis.
- Mobile Medical Service: A Registered Nurse provides medical support, evaluation and medication as directed by one of our physicians.
- Referral: We work closely with all community agencies and have referral agreements with these agencies.
- Follow-Up Counseling: We monitor an individual’s status after the resolution of a crisis.