Montgomery County Emergency Services - Inpatient Recovery
Montgomery County Emergency Service - Montgomery; Norristown
Send the URL of this service profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
2-1-1 SEPA - 2-1-1 SEPA
Description of Service
The MCES Inpatient Program provides crisis intervention, comprehensive assessment, short-term intensive psychiatric treatment, medical assessment, and discharge planning services to individuals and their family members.
MCES uses a multidisciplinary treatment team approach for all its clients. The team is composed of psychiatrists, psychologists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, psychiatric nurses, social workers, allied therapists, and psychiatric technicians. All staff is trained and has experience in treating adolescents, adults, and geriatrics with emotional and substance abuse problems.
The goals of the MCES Inpatient Program are:
- To provide intensive and comprehensive psychiatric services to all in need in our community.
- To maintain and advocate for clients' rights and individual dignity.
- To educate and assist clients and their families.
- To promote continuity of care that leads to clients' successful integration in the community.
- To promote recovery and long-term stability in the community.
- Assessment: Every client receives a comprehensive psychiatric evaluation and physical examination upon admission to determine level of care and specific treatment needs.
- Medication Management/Education: Each client is evaluated for the necessity of medication and educated on the benefits and side effects of these medications.
- Group Therapy: Therapy is provided by the Psychology Department to assist clients in identifying their stressors and improving their coping skills.
- Dual Diagnosis Program: Educational/problem solving groups and individual counseling is offered. AA is also provided.
- Individual Psychotherapy/Counseling: Sessions are held daily with a psychiatrist, psychologist and/or nursing staff.
- Family/Couples Therapy: Therapy is provided by the Psychology and Psychiatry Departments when indicated.
- Educational Groups: The groups are run by the clinical disciplines with an emphasis on relapse prevention, wellness and recovery.
- Allied Therapy: This work involves comprehensive programming utilizing creative arts, recreational and educational groups. It also includes individual therapy, including My Action Plan (MAP), a comprehensive relapse prevention program that can be completed in five days.
- Discharge Planning/Case Management: This assists individuals in determining appropriate resources in the community or other inpatient facility, if appropriate.
- Community Liaison: Liaison work provides assessment of services needed, interfaces with programs in Montgomery County and stimulates interagency collaboration.