JEVS Human Services - Philadelphia Central Location
Send the URL of this service profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
2-1-1 SEPA - 2-1-1 SEPA
Description of Service
Culinary Connections offers an 8-week course of structured learning in a classroom and professional kitchen, followed by internships in leading Philadelphia kitchens, enabling participants to earn a Culinary Arts-Skills Certificate.
- Safe food handling leading to a ServSafe Food Safety certificate
- Kitchen organization, terminology, and measurements
- Handling kitchen equipment and knife skills- slicing, chopping, and dicing
- Menu management, following recipes, making stocks, soups, and sauces
- Attendance and punctuality
- Creating a resume and cover letters, interviewing skills and job search techniques
- Personal care skills, such as grooming and hygiene
- Travel training
- Soft skills, such as on-the-job teamwork and communication skills
- Work with JEVS Community Employment Specialists to secure a job as a prep or line cook in a restaurant kitchen
Counties: Philadelphia; States: PA; Countries: USA
Call for further information.
Fees or Charges
No cost for those who qualify for funding; if you do not know whether you qualify, we will help you to determine your eligibility when you contact us.