Norristown State Hospital - Montgomery; Norristown
Send the URL of this service profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
2-1-1 SEPA - 2-1-1 SEPA
Description of Service
The Department of Psychiatry consists of board certified/board eligible Psychiatrists under the leadership of the Chief Medical Officer. They provide:
- Comprehensive evaluation utilizing state of the art diagnostic tools including referrals to specialty consultants.
- Leadership to the multidisciplinary treatment teams in the formulation of the individual treatment plan.
- Treatment through prescribing and monitoring the effectiveness of the full range of available psychotropic medication.
- Participation in the development of the Community Support Plan (CSP) and monitoring the implementation of the recommendations to prepare patients for community living.
- Education to patients, their families, hospital and community staff regarding the advances in the diagnosis of treatment of mental illness.
The Department of Medicine consists of Family Practice/Internal Medicine and Specialty Consultant Physicians under the leadership of the Chief of Medicine. They provide:
- Comprehensive preventive health care services.
- Diagnosis of the acute or chronic medical conditions which, at times, may be the cause of the psychiatric symptoms.
- Close collaboration with the team members.
- Education to patients, families, hospital and community staff about complex medical conditions.
- Specialty clinics at Norristown State Hospital campus, including Neurology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Pulmonary and Urology.
-Continuity of care when patients require inpatient medical treatment at Mercy Suburban Hospital.
The Pharmacy Department consists of licensed Pharmacists, under the leadership of the Pharmacy Director, provide pharmaceutical services to all patients.
- Maintain individual patient medication profiles
- Screen for all drug interactions, duplicate medications and drug allergies
- Review every medication order
- Ensure patients’ safety by distributing a 7 day supply of medication in unit-dose packaging
- Work closely with the multidisciplinary treatment team
- Participate in individualized or group medication counseling at Kaleidoscope
Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, Philadelphia; PA