225 N Michigan Ave, Chicago IL (MedicAlert + Safe Return)
Send the URL of this service profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
2-1-1 SEPA - 2-1-1 SEPA
Description of Service
MedicAlert® + Alzheimer's Association Safe Return® is a 24-hour nationwide emergency response service for individuals with Alzheimer's or a related dementia who wander or have a medical emergency. The program provides 24-hour, nationwide assistance, no matter when or where the person is reported missing.
Enrollment in the MedicAlert + Safe Return program includes:
- Individualized emblem engraved with MedicAlert + Safe Return's 24-Hour emergency response number.
- Live 24-hour emergency response service for wandering and medical emergencies
- 24-hour family notification service during wandering incidents and medical emergencies.
- 24-hour relaying of key medical information to emergency responders
- 24-hour care consultation services provided by master's level counselors
If an individual with Alzheimer's or a related dementia wanders and becomes lost, caregivers can call the emergency response line to report it. A community support network will be activated, including local Association chapters and law enforcement agencies, to help reunite the family member or caregiver with the person who wandered.
If a citizen or emergency personnel finds the member, they can call the toll-free number listed on the member's ID jewelry. MedicAlert + Safe Return will notify the member's listed contacts, making sure the person is returned home.