*Main Site (Childrens Health Insurance Program (CHIP))
Send the URL of this service profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
2-1-1 SEPA - 2-1-1 SEPA
Description of Service
CHIP is short for the Children's Health Insurance Program - Pennsylvania's program to provide health insurance to uninsured children and teens, up to age 19, who are not eligible for or enrolled in Medical Assistance. Uninsured Pennsylvania children and teens who are not eligible for Medical Assistance have access to affordable, comprehensive health-care coverage. CHIP is there for your kids with quality, comprehensive health insurance coverage for routine doctor visits, prescriptions, dental, eye care, prescriptions and much more.
CHIP Coverage Includes:
- Routine Check-ups & Well Visits
- Prescription Drugs
- Dental, Vision, Hearing Services
- Emergency Care
- Mental Health Benefits
- Durable Medical Equipment
- Substance Abuse Treatment
- Partial Hospitalization for Mental Health Services
- Rehabilitation Therapies
- Home Health Care & Hospice Services
- Maternity Care
Apply online with the COMPASS website, apply by phone (1-800-986-5437, option 1 – NOTE: during tax season, apply by phone will be option 2), or apply via paper application (can be downloaded from chipcoverspakids.com or call 1-800-986-5437 and one can be sent to you in the mail)
• Income amounts for your entire household before taxes - this includes income from employment and all other forms of income (for example - social security, pension, workers' compensation, unemployment, etc)
• Social Security Numbers and birthdates for all applicants
• Private health insurance information (if you have or had private health insurance in the last 90 days)
• *Other information may be requested by the contractor processing the application.
Refer to the Eligibility and Benefits Handbook found on the website at http://www.chipcoverspakids.com/Eligibility/Documents/CHIP%20Eligibility%20and%20Benefits%20Handbook%202017.pdf
CHIP benefits are available to all uninsured children under the age of 19 who are not enrolled in or eligible for Medical Assistance, regardless of income, who meet all other eligibility requirements.
CHIP utilizes a Language Line – Any language can be requested.
Refer to the CHIP Full Income Chart at http://www.chipcoverspakids.com/AboutCHIP/Documents/chip_income_chart_2018.pdf. Also refer to the Income and Eligibility Handbook at http://www.chipcoverspakids.com/Eligibility/Documents/CHIP%20Eligibility%20and%20B