Hall Mercer CMH/MRC - Mental Health Services for Children and Adults
Hall Mercer CMH/MRC - Philadelphia; Washington Square West
Send the URL of this service profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
2-1-1 SEPA - 2-1-1 SEPA
Description of Service
Provides outpatient services for children, ages 3-18 who are challenged by mental health problems.
Therapeutic programs include:
- TAP (Therapeutic Activities Program) is a therapeutic nursery school designed to help children ages three to five play and work together under the guidance of a therapist and special education teachers.
- STEP (Shared Time Education Program) responds to the social, psychological and academic needs of children ages six to 10 who are experiencing mild to moderate emotional disturbances in a regular or special education classroom.
- SAP (Student Assistance Program) is a middle- and high-school based service provided by Hall-Mercer to schools in South Philadelphia through a special relationship with the School District of Philadelphia. It is designed to identify and assist students having school-related problems resulting from depression or suicidal feelings.
Provides treatment for psychiatric conditions including mood, personality, anxiety, eating and dissociative disorders as well as schizophrenia and drug and alcohol problems. Following a thorough evaluation, a treatment plan is developed and may include clinical, supportive and case management services.
Specialized programs include:
- Homeless services - care for people who are homeless or have a history of homelessness. Clients are contacted through street outreach or referral from other service agencies and are then offered a full range of services.
- Geriatric outreach program - offers home-based mental health and drug and alcohol services for elderly persons in Center City, North, South and West Philadelphia.
- Southeast Asian Program - provides psychiatric and case management services geared specifically to the needs of people from Asian cultures.
Counties: Philadelphia; States: PA; Countries: USA