Hahnemann University Hospital - Cancer Support Services
Hahnemann University Hospital - Philadelphia; North Broad Street
Send the URL of this service profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
2-1-1 SEPA - 2-1-1 SEPA
Description of Service
- Look Good Feel Better -- A program that teaches beauty techniques to women who are actively undergoing cancer treatment to help them combat the appearance-related side effects of radiation and chemotherapy. This program is a partnership of the American Cancer Society, the National Cosmetology Association and the Cosmetic, Toiletry and Fragrance Association Foundation. Meets second Monday of every other month (except July and August), 1-3 p.m., Bobst Conference Room, 6th Floor.
- The Wellness Community of Philadelphia offers a weekly support group at Hahnemann in addition to mind/body programs and social events. The Wellness Community also has an on-site Resource Center at Hahnemann. Meets every Tuesday, 10-11:30 a.m., Radiation Oncology Conference Room, 1st Floor Feinstein.
- Nutritional Services -- A registered dietitian is available to patients and their families for one to one dietary consultations. A series of patient education workshops offer assistance for coping with the nutritional side effects of cancer treatments. Consultations available as needed; workshops held monthly.
- Social Work Services -- A full-time licensed social worker is on call Monday through Friday for psychosocial support of patients and their families, which includes individual counseling, support and referrals to appropriate community agencies.
- Genetic Counseling Services (not a free service - referral from attending physician is required) -- A licensed genetic counselor, through LabCorp, is available every Friday to patients and their families for consultation.
- Art Therapy -- A weekly support group that fosters creative expression through visual artistic media. Addresses coping strategies, self-exploration and inner strength. Open to all levels of ability and experience.
- Dance/Movement Therapy -- A holistic, body/mind-integrated approach that uses mildly vigorous movement, relaxation, self-expression and interpersonal support for awakening your creative energies and facilitating healing. Dance/movement therapy is a complementary modality for those living with cancer and their loved ones. No previous dance/movement experience is needed in order to benefit from this program.
- Art Therapy and Dance/Movement Therapy are sponsored by the Hahnemann Creative Arts in Therapy Program of Drexel University College of Nursing and Health Professions.
- I Can Cope -- An educational series taught by healthcare professionals that addresses such topics as cancer and treatment, managing side effects, emotional concerns, community resources and support, relieving cancer pain, understanding money matters and nutritional well-being. Sponsored by the American Cancer Society.
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Support Group -- Monthly family support group sponsored by The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
- Man-To-Man -- Monthly Meetings for men with prostate cancer that provide education and the opportunity to network with others who have the same diagnosis. Sponsored by the American Cancer Society and Hahnemann University Hospital.
- Reach to Recovery --The American Cancer Society has trained volunteers who are breast cancer survivors themselves that provide a listening ear to women who are undergoing treatment. The women receive the Reach to Recovery care package sponsored by the American Cancer Society.
Counties: Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, Philadelphia; States: PA; Countries: USA