Springfield Township School District - Social Services
Springfield Township School District - Montgomery; Springfield Township
Send the URL of this service profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
2-1-1 SEPA - 2-1-1 SEPA
Description of Service
The School District of Springfield Township employs a full time social worker to assist families in obtaining services outside of school for their children in grades K-12.
Below are just a few of the many things our social worker can help your family access:
- Family Based Services
- Wraparound Services
- Individual, group and family therapy
- Parenting groups
- Drug and alcohol counseling
- Services for children with autistic spectrum disorders
- Psychiatric evaluations
- Medical assistance
- Homelessness information
- Developmental Pediatricians
Does your Special Education student qualify for additional insurance coverage?
- Information about Medical Assistance:
- Medical Assistance (MA) offers the broadest range of medical and mental health coverage for persons under 21 of any insurance plan. Services rarely covered by employer provided insurances such as wraparound services, prescriptions, transportation to and from medical appointments and physical, speech, and occupational therapy without annual or lifetime caps are available. MA can be a child's primary or supplemental insurance.
- Many children who are eligible for special education are also eligible for MA, regardless of their parents' income. The final determination of eligibility is made by the Montgomery Count Assistance Office.
- Additionally, if your child qualifies for MA, with your permission the School District of Springfield Township can receive federal funding for a number of the health-related services that your child receives in school. This will NOT interfere with your child's access to services outside of school.
Counties: Montgomery; States: PA; Countries: USA
If you would like additional information about any of our services, please contact Melissa Levin, School Social worker at 215-233-6030 ext 2014.or visit our website at http://www.sdst.org