Send the URL of this service profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
2-1-1 SEPA - 2-1-1 SEPA
Description of Service
Preschool children are in the beginning stages of faith development. What they learn about God comes largely from their relationship with caring adults. We trust that children will see themselves as unique creations of God and part of a loving Christian family. The focus of our program is on God’s love as seen through the helping, sharing and caring demonstrated by Jesus. Application to life is an integral part of the curriculum.
This is accomplished through:
- Scripture - using Bible stories
- Life - using everyday stories that show children how the principle presented in the Bible story can be lived in their life
- Concrete examples - using object lessons, hands on activities and their own personal examples or stories
- Curriculum - Intentional weaving of Christian concepts and hands on activities throughout the preschool curriculum
Chapel - Weekly visits to the chapel give children the opportunity to be part of a children’s worship experience which includes songs, and age appropriate bible stories and to praise God. (3 & 4 year old CE Programs)
The Gloria Dei Preschool provides each child, regardless of race, gender, ability, special needs, ethnicity, socio-economic standing, or religion, opportunities to:
- Develop social skills in a group setting
- Develop language skills to enable the child to convey wants, needs and ideas appropriately, expand vocabularies, and respond to and ask good questions.
- Develop the ability to observe, compare and describe objects and events.
- Develop thought processes that lead to greater understanding, awareness and curiosity through investigation and exploration with a variety of resources in a safe environment.
- Recognize and respect the rights, feelings and property of others and understand their place as responsible members of a family and community.
- Develop self-confidence in expressing, choosing and initiating behaviors and making decisions, and learn to accept responsibility for those choices in a group setting apart from parents.
- Develop good habits in the areas of health, nutrition, safety and hygiene.
- Develop physical coordination and motor skills and explore with the five senses.
- Experience a variety of visual art, music, drama, dance, literature and creative movement activities and learn to appreciate the expressive arts and cultures of other people, places and times.
- Experiment with a variety of tools, manipulatives, and materials for open-ended exploration.
- Engage the imagination with rhymes, songs, fingerplays and pretend play.
- Develop a greater awareness of the self as a valued individual and competent learner.
Counties: Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, Philadelphia; States: PA; Countries: USA