Community Alliance for a Safer Tomorrow - Youth Substance Abuse and Violence Prevention Programs
Community Alliance for a Safer Tomorrow - Montgomery; King of Prussia
Send the URL of this service profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
2-1-1 SEPA - 2-1-1 SEPA
Description of Service
Current programs sponsored by Upper Merion Area CAST include:
- Brief Strategic Family Therapy - A family counseling program that helps families unite to reach their goals.
- DARE (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) - Highly acclaimed program that gives 5th grade through 8th grade students the skills they need to avoid involvement in drugs, gangs, and violence through programs led by local police officers.
- Guiding Good Choices - Provides parents with the tools they need to guide their children through their formative years.
- Project ALERT - Nationally recognized substance abuse program that gives students insight, understanding and skills for resisting substance abuse of the drugs they are most like to use, such as tobacco, alcohol, marijuana, and inhalants.
- Staying Connected With Your Teen - Improves communication and builds stronger bonds between parents and teens.
- UMAAT (Upper Merion Area Assistance Team) - Provides a system of referral, intervention and after-care for middle and high school students who are experiencing barriers to academic and/or personal success, including those with interpersonal issues, drug and alcohol abuse, suicide, and mental health concerns.
Counties: Montgomery; States: PA; Countries: USA
For more information on CAST, please contact: PaShawnda Briley, Community Mobilizer, 610.304.5533, PBriley@umasd.org.