Send the URL of this service profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
Description of Service
American Legion Riders chapters are well known for their charitable work, which has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for local children's hospitals, schools, veterans homes, severely wounded servicemembers and scholarships. Since 2006, Riders nationwide have participated in the Legion Legacy Run, to annually raise money for the Legacy Scholarship Fund, established to provide scholarships to children of U.S. military personnel killed since Sept. 11, 2001.
Visit their website to locate a post near you or call.
1. Eligibility for membership in the ALR shall be as prescribed by the national constitutions of The American Legion, The American Legion Auxiliary, and Sons of The American Legion.
2. All members of the ALR must further demonstrate current individual membership in The American Legion, The American Legion Auxiliary, or Sons of The American Legion.
3. Members will not hold membership in more than one chapter of ALR at one time.
4. In addition to sections 1-3 above, members must be the legally registered owner of a motorcycle, 250cc or above, or the married spouse of the legally registered owner.
5. All operators must be properly licensed and insured per their state rules and regulations.
6. Riders that have a physical limitation that prevents operation and/or ownership of a motorcycle can remain active members; however, they must have been a member of the ALR, Department of Pennsylvania for a minimum of two continuous years.
7. All the ALR, Department of Pennsylvania membership cards will be provided to the Regional Directors for distribution by The American Legion, Department of Pennsylvania.