Better Business Bureau of Western PA - BBB Military Line
Better Business Bureau of Western PA
Send the URL of this service profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
United Way of Allegheny County
Description of Service
Since 2004, Better Business Bureau (BBB) Military Line has provided free resources to our military communities in the areas of financial literacy and consumer protection through the efforts of 113 BBBs across the U.S.
The five main components of the program are:
1. Education - Many Local BBBs on and around military installations teach financial readiness classes to service members.
2. Outreach - We attend and support community fairs, conferences and other events, speaking with service members and distributing information.
3. Information - Our website provides a one stop shop for articles, links and consumer alerts for each branch of service. Check out our resources page for free consumer guides written just for military members and find us on Facebook and Twitter.
4. Data Collection - We analyze BBB data to help identify the threats and needs of our military community in the marketplace.
5. Complaint and Dispute Resolution - Filing a complaint with BBB helps military consumers resolve disputes and alert us to issues affecting the military community at large.
Need a Financial Readiness Class? BBB Military Line offers an array of interactive and engaging Financial Workshops that are taught by local BBB staff members. These workshops are:
The Smart Consumer (Adult & Teen versions),
Deals for Wheels(Adult & Teen versions),
How to Buy a Home,
Investing for Retirement,
Scams and ID Theft.
Need a Consumer Issues Subject Matter Expert? Your local BBB can provide speakers who work in the world of consumer issues and protection.