Send the URL of this service profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
Description of Service
• WHAT: Domiciliary Care (Dom Care) provides a supportive, family-like living arrangement for adults who cannot live alone because of age-related problems or physical or mental disabilities.
• WHO: Adults who are independently mobile or semi-mobile, but cannot live independently, may be matched with families who are willing to open their hearts and provide a warm and caring home filled with love, support and encouragement.
• HOW: YCAAA assesses consumer for placement and eligibility for State Supplemental Security Income (SSI). This monthly payment may go towards room board and consumer's personal expenses. A resident not eligible for SSI may reside in Dom Care as a private pay resident. Dom Care residents are carefully matched with compatible homes/providers when an opening occurs.
• SAFETY AND MONITORING:Care manager from YCAAA or a Supports Coordinator from MH-IDD program monitors residents. Residents are reassessed on an annual basis to determine continued appropriateness for the placement. Dom Care providers care for no more than three people, and are able to give individual attention to each resident.
Information about personal care homes, nursing homes, senior housing and domiciliary care can be found by calling the Area Agency on Aging or by visiting the website at www.ycaaa.org
• Age 18 years or older financially eligible for Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
• Unable to live independently in the community due to age-related disabilities or physical, mental or visual disabilities.
• Requires assistance with Activities of Daily Living but not in need of nursing home care.