Send the URL of this service profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
Description of Service
Dauphin County Weatherization conducts on-site energy audits to assess conditions in the home and to identify the most cost effective energy savings measures needed.
Weatherization services include but are not limited to:
- Blower door guided air sealing to effectively locate and reduce air-leakage throughout the home;
- Installation of attic, wall, basement and crawlspace insulation and ventilation to reduce energy loss;
- Heating system modification or replacement to increase the efficiency and/or safety of the heating system;
- Minor repairs, and/or health and safety measures are provided (when necessary) to allow the safe and effective installation of the weatherization measures;
- Client education on the proper use and maintenance of the installed Weatherization measures and ways to reduce energy waste everyday.
Pennsylvania's Weatherization Assistance Program increases energy efficiency in homes by reducing energy costs and increasing comfort while safeguarding health and safety.
* If the place of residence has previously participated (after September 30, 1994) in the Weatherization Program, that residence is not eligble for PA WAP.
Eligible applicants include low-income individuals (at or below 200% of the federal poverty level), with priority given to higher risk residents such as the elderly, disabled individuals, families with children and high energy users.