Housing Authority of the County of Dauphin - Low-Income Homeownership Program
Housing Authority of the County of Dauphin
Send the URL of this service profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
Description of Service
Through the Section 8 Homeownership Program, eligible families participating in the Housing Choice Voucher Program may choose a house for purchase anywhere in Dauphin County (outside the City of Harrisburg) and receive financial assistance for homeownership expenses (mortgage payments) for up to 15 years.
For the elderly/disabled, there is no time limit.
Sale of public housing units to eligible families
Language Line Support available
- Must live in Dauphin County with Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher assistance
- Enrollment in the Family Self Sufficiency Program (FSS) is not required, although participation is strongly urged
- Be a first time homebuyer or have not owned a home during the last three years.
- At least one adult family member who will own the home must have been employed for one year prior to receiving homeownership assistance (Elderly and disabled persons do not have to comply with this employment requirement);
- The family must meet the Federal minimum income requirement.
- Have had no family caused violations of HUD's Housing Quality Standards within the previous year
- Not be within the initial one year period of a HAP contract
- Not owe money to any Housing Authority
- Successfully complete homeownership counseling sessions approved by the Housing Authority
- Be able to obtain mortgage financing
- Have not defaulted on a mortgage securing debt to purchase a home under the homeownership option
- Make a minimum initial down payment of 3% of the purchase price, which is paid from the families' own resources