Send the URL of this service profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
Description of Service
In addition to one-on-one counseling, the APPRISE Program holds seminars open to the public on topics such as Medicare Basics, programs to help save money and Medicare Prescription Coverage.
APPRISE counselors are specially trained volunteers. They can answer your questions about Medicare, Medicaid, Medigap, (Supplement Insurance) Medicare Advantage plans, long term care insurance and prescription drug benefit. APPRISE counselors have direct access to state and federal Medicare resources. They can:
- Help you understand your Medicare benefits by explaining which services are covered under Parts A and B and your Medicare Summary Notice.
- Help you make informed choices about Medicare coverage options, including Medicare Advantage plans and Medigap policies.
- Help you understand the Medicare appeals process and assist with appeals paperwork.
- Help you select a Medigap insurance policy.
- Explain financial assistance programs that may be available to assist in paying for your Medicare premiums, deductibles and coinsurance, as well as your prescription drug needs.
- Make presentations on Medicare to your organization.
Health Insurance counseling and assistance program
All Medicare beneficiaries, their families or their caregivers needing assistance