Send the URL of this service profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
United Way of Lancaster County
Description of Service
MidPenn Legal Services provides free legal services to low-income individuals in civil legal matters.
• Legal advice, negotiations and representation before agencies and courts and is handled through advice, brief service and/or representation in court.
• Representation of plaintiffs in protection from abuse cases, custody (defendants when other party has legal representation or child snatch cases or when the child is in immediate danger
• Consumer issues (credit card debt collections)
• Simple divorces
• Welfare: medical assistance and food stamp denials, terminations, over payments and reductions.
• SSDI/Supplemental Security Income: denials, terminations and over payments; assistance with initial applications for homeless persons.
• Unemployment: unemployment compensation denials and overpayments.
• Housing: Illegal lockouts and landlord utility shut-offs, public housing/Section 8 eviction hearings and evictions, mortgage foreclosure.
• Sheriff's Sales: To prevent loss of personal property or house.
• POA, Wills and Advanced Directives.
• Other legal matters may be handled through the private attorney involvement program (Pro Bono Project), as the cases they take are otherwise covered in the generalized description.
Telephone and walk-ins. All relevant paperwork must be completed.
All relevant paperwork
Additional information can be found at their social media page Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LegalMidpenn/ or at Twitter: @LegalMidpenn.
English, Spanish; Other languages available upon request
Serves individuals and families that have a gross income of not more than 125% of the federal poverty level, except for victims of domestic violence who are assisted without regard to income.
All applicants are offered a copy of the MidPenn Grievance Procedure. In addition, all clients receive a copy of the MidPenn Grievance Procedure at their first appointment with an advocate.
Fees or Charges
Types of Fees
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm Coordinated Intake Unit: Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 3:30pm