Send the URL of this program profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
Description of Program
Provides supportive services to the birthparents, the child, and the adoptive parents throughout the adoption process. Services available to birthparents include:
- Adoption planning, including choosing adoptive parents, open adoption, direct placement
- Legal services surrounding relinquishment
- Supportive counseling during relinquishment process and after placement of child
- Search assistance and support
- Pregnancy counseling at local Catholic Charities offices
- Maternity services through Lourdeshouse Maternity House (See own listing)
Services available to the child include:
- Health and developmental screening and referrals for needed services
- Pre-adoptive foster care or direct placement from hospital
- Preparation for placement in foster or adoptive home
- Adoptive placement supervision and finalization
- Post-finalization counseling upon request
- Assistance in obtaining non-identifying or medical information about birth family
- Search assistance and support for individuals, age 18 or older, who are interested in reuniting with their birth parents. Available to individuals placed through Catholic Charities Adoption Program only.
- Social and educational activities with adoptive families
Services available to adoptive parents include:
- Orientation to the adoption process and training
- Home study to assess the adoptive applicants' ability to meet the needs of the child and to prepare the applicants for parenting and the placement of the child.
- Adopted child placement, supervision and finalization
- Post-finalization counseling/support services upon request