Send the URL of this program profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
United Way of Lancaster County
Description of Program
Benevolent Auxiliary of the US Air Force.
Search and Rescue
- Civil Air Patrol volunteers conduct more than 90% of all search and rescue missions assigned by the US Air Force saving an average of 150 lives each year.
- Civil Air Patrol participates in Disaster Relief operations along with FEMA, PEMA, Red Cross, Coast Guard, local first responders and more.
- Members receive training in wilderness survival, first aid, field transportation and communications.
- Civil Air Patrol has the largest civilian single-engine aircraft fleet in the world.
Cadet Program (age 12 through 20)
- Cadets learn leadership, character development and aviation subjects.
- Cadets participate in Search and Rescue training and missions.
- Orientation flights are offered to each cadet.
- National and international special activities include pilot (powered, glider and balloon) training, leadership schools and exchanges.
- Qualifying cadets receive promotions on enlistment in the Air Force.
- STEM training kits for teachers.
- State, Regional and National training and competition.
- Speakers Bureau.
Hours of Operation
Jesse Jones Composite Squadron 304 meets Mondays at 7:00pm at Lancaster Municipal Airport and conducts at lease one week-end per month at various locations