Send the URL of this program profile via SMS text message.
Data Provided By
United Way of Lancaster County
Description of Program
- Heart Power! K-2: A hands-on teaching tool for children in preschool and kindergarten to help develop positive diet and exercise habits, while stressing the importance of living tobacco free
- Heart Power! 3-5, 6-8: A program for elementary school children that teaches about the circulatory system and preventing cardiovascular disease through exercise, nutrition and living tobacco free
- Emergency Cardiac Care: CPR classes taught at various levels, including Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support. Call (888) 277-5463
- Heart and Stroke Risk Factor Education, Operation Heat Stroke and Operation Stroke, improving the chain of survival in the community
- Heart Walk: A 5 mile walk held in the fall to promote walking as an excellent form of exercise, while raising money for the fight against heart disease and stroke
- Kids Heart Challenge: Exercise and fundraising program held throughout the year in elementary, junior and senior high schools
- Heart Ball: Fund raiser gala held each February, including dinner, dancing and silent auctions
- Go Red for Women Luncheon: Held the Friday of Mother's Day weekend. Includes luncheon, auction and information
The American Heart Association does not provide funds for direct patient care, with the exception of the Penicillin Project, which ensures that persons with rheumatic fever receive appropriate medication at cost.