|Description of Agency||Reflecting the Quaker concern for older people, our mission is to continuously improve care of the aging across the continuum of services we provide. We aspire to the highest professional and humanitarian standards while providing care and services in a supportive, homelike, and compassionate atmosphere.
We envision Barclay Friends as a premier advocate, initiator, and facilitator of services for older adults. Through an integrated continuum of care and services, and in partnership with our community, we will ensure services that enhance quality of life.
In accord with the principles of Friends:
- We hold the worth of each individual as central;
- We promote independence and dignity for all residents;
- We believe residents are best served by a harmonious work force that is concerned, enthusiastic, and dedicated;
- We are committed to continuing education and support for staff, residents, families, and board members;
- We operate on a not-for-profit basis, maintain high standards and provide appropriate compensation for staff;
- We strive to be alert to emerging needs in our area and innovative in our responses.