|Description of Agency||Center for Community Action, as part of the national Community Action network, also shares the national goals developed by the Office of Community Services related to families and communities:
- Helping low-income people become more self-sufficient.
- Improving the conditions in which low-income people live.
- Helping low income people own a stake in their community.
- Creating and maintaining partnerships among supporters and providers of services to low-income people.
- Increase agency capacity to achieve results.
- Strengthen family and other supportive systems in low-income people's lives, especially vulnerable populations so they achieve their full potential.
Throughout the central-western PA area, CCA offers the following human services: Child Care Information Services, Employment Advancement and Retention Network and Work Ready, Emergency Food and Shelter, Financial Literacy Workshops, Human Services Development Fund, GED/HiSet Preparation, HiSet testing, Pre-Employment Transitional Services, Representative Payee, Veterans Leadership Program (SSVF), Persons with Disabilities (PWD), Medical Assistance Transportation Service, Homeless Assistance Program (HAP), Continuum of Care Rapid Re-Housing, and Retired and Senior Volunteer Program. We also offer these housing services: West Penn Power Warm Program, GPU’s Warm Program, Home Repair Program, Housing Rehab, Low Income Home Energy Assistance, Weatherization, and Raystown Village Apartments. Income guidelines apply. Please call our office or stop in to determine eligibility.