When you get calls from people who have been told they need to leave the hotel because FEMA is no longer paying the bill.
- Express empathy.
- Assess need. How can you help them today? Take detailed notes. Note in the notes if the caller speaks Spanish or English.
- Complete the Puerto Rico field on the left side bottom of the intake screen. PEMA needs our help in figuring out the needs so let's help them. If more options are needed, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Explain that you would like to take their information (Name, phone, ages & number of family members who need housing). We will need this info to contact them IF a shelter is opened.
- Give them the referrals on the Puerto Rico referral list.
- Ask that they call us back if the agency if not able to help them
- Be sure that you put Puerto Rico in the Notes field.
- Thank you. If you need help, ask your manager or me. Anne 412-478-6731.
Centro Hispano Daniel Torres
School District of Lancaster – Families in Transition
Compass Mark 717-299-2831
Your Way Home